Thursday 19 June 2008

For starters

Food glorious food! It has to be my favourite drug. If i weren't so vain and influenced by the pressures of modern living, I wouldn't hit the gym very often and i'd waddle around with my gut spilling over my pants. As it is, I eat in moderation and although i'll never be able to grate cheese on my washboard stomach, my stomach pines for that cheese nevertheless. And if it were allowed it would devour the whole block and probably the dairy it came from too.
They say as you get older, you become more reserved and conservative but the exact opposite applies as far as food is concerned. Age only makes my tastebuds tingle all the more at the cosmopolitan variety of sustenance available today. As a kid, olives, curry, spices and alcohol (to name a few) were foul offerings. My mother tried to convince me that i'd like them one day. And lo here I am acknowledging her. Humble pie? It's not to be scoffed at - I'll eat that too these days.
Now i've taught myself to cook a bit. For me, time spent in the kitchen, especially on a lazy Sunday, is therapeutic. A couple of hours lost in my world, savouring the smells, listening to some music & enjoying some wine is for me, as beneficial as a burst of exercise, or as relaxing as an oily massage.
So now, I am going to indulge myself by doing this blog and hoping that someone will like what they see and read, and will share my little pieces of theatre.

1 comment:

ejns said...

The best date and walnut cake ever (maybe a 6 cardamom pods will do). Ive only been used to grandmas cake, which is nice, but this one takes the biscuit...or cake

Oh and FUA